Changes in OpenLyrics¶
Release 0.8 (15 Apr 2012)¶
- Add support for application specific formatting tags in <lines> tag.
- Drop tag <line>, for line endings is used tag <br/>
- Rename <customVersion> to <version>.
- Rename <releaseDate> to <released>.
- Remove the ‘id’ attribute of the <theme> tag, as it was based on a line number in a file, which is not very accurate, nor very reliable.
- Add script ‘tools/convert-schema.py’ to convert songs from older OpenLyrics versions.
Release 0.7 (24 Mar 2010)¶
Move attribute ‘xml:lang’ to just ‘lang’ since the tag could not always contain text in another language but also transliteration.
Allow empty lines by using syntax <line/> or <line></line> for that.
Add ‘e’ (ending) as a new reserved (standardized) name for verses (including other variants like e1, e2, e1a, ea, ...): <verse name="e">.
Add transliteration support, attribute translit="". can be used in tags <title>, <theme>, <verse>.
Add multiple songbooks entries. Syntax changed from tags <collection> and <trackNo> to:
<songbooks> <songbook name="This is a Songbook Name" entry="123"/> </songbooks>
Add script ‘opensong2openlyrics.py’ to convert OpenSong songs to OpenLyrics format.
Add examples of some public domain songs or not copyrighted.
Release 0.6 (22 Dec 2009)¶
- Drop tag <customData> (is ambiguous).
Release 0.5 (06 Dec 2009) - final draft¶
- Allow custom verse names <verse name="custom_name_name">.
- Custom tempo <tempo type="custom">steadily</tempo>.
- Stay with only one key (any text) <key>C#</key>.
- Allow any chord notation (any text).
- Restrict ccli theme ‘id’ to range 1-999.
- Theme value can’t be empty.
- Namespace changed from http://www.openlyrics.info/2009/song/namespace to http://openlyrics.info/namespace/2009/song.
- Content of an optional tag is mandatory, when the tag present in xml.
Release 0.4 (21 Nov 2009) - draft¶
- Move to RelaxNG xml schema.
- Tag attribute change. xml:lang describes the language of an tag. Change from <author type="translation" xml:lang="cs"> to `` <author type=”translation” lang=”cs”>``.
- Xml schema: in ‘author’ tag attribute ‘lang’ is required when attribute ‘type’ contains value ‘translation’ <author type="translation" lang="cs">.